1. What is Gen - Payroll software all about?
Answer: To lighten the hectic job of HR, the Gen - Payroll has got a specific design and aim which will work as a powerful HR tool to calculate the various components of Salary earnings and deductions such as P.F., ESI, Loans and Advances, Leave management, Professional Tax, Bonus, TDS on salary, Arrears, Overtime, etc. and generating Pay-slips, MIS and statutory registers, reports and e-returns for the purpose of employees and management of any organization.
The software works strictly as per the Indian laws related to Industries, employees, labour and labour welfare.
2. How can we create functionality for calculation of any earning and deduction components?
The dynamic formula creation utility which calculates the complex or typical pay out structure depending upon criteria and conditions very easily.
3. For how many companies and their further employees' data can be maintained?
'n' number of companies and employees' data can be created as the limitation to create and maintain number of companies and employees is boundless in this software.
4. Can we create separate logins for our HR, Finance and Administration etc. with their individual rights to use this software?
Yes, for the security reasons, the important data can be scheduled which will be operable by the administration department or personnel and with this user can create different user IDs with distinct rights for login.
5. Which Labour, Industrial and miscellaneous laws compliances are maintained
by this software?
e-TDS (Income Tax)
Employee State Insurance
Payment of Bonus
Payment of Wages
Payment of Gratuity
6. What kind of compliances is being filed online by this software?
Answer: The following Government departments have enabled the facility of online e-filing:
- PF e-Return
- ESI e-Return
- TDS e-Return.
7. What kind of reports can be generated through Gen-Payroll?
Answer: The following reports are generated from its user’s specific
point of view:
- Employees and Labour Requirements:
- Appointment Letter
- Pay slip generation (With E-mail & Export facility)
- Pay Voucher
- Daily Pay Slip
- Arrear Slip
- Form-16,16AA and 12BA
- Salary Computation Sheet
- ITR-1 (SAHAJ)
- Bonus Slip
- Any other Template Basis Letter or certificate.
- All other forms of labour and industrial laws such as:
- Nomination Declaration
- Withdrawal of PF and Pension amount forms
- Allotment of SSN number and many more.
- HR or Management Requirements:
- Attendance Reports
- Payroll Registers
- Muster Roll cum Payroll Register of wages and salary.
- Salary Comparison Sheet
- Memorandum of Differences
- Status Report
- Retirement Report
8. Can we add our routine requirement of Letters and certificates?
Answer: Yes, you can add Template Basis Letter or certificate such
- Letter of Intent
- Salary Certificate
- Relieving Letter
- No Dues Certificate
- Experience Certificate, etc.
9. Is there any option to take Backup and Restore?
The option to take Backup and Restore of complete database is been included in the Payroll. The facility to take Backup and Restore of individual company or organization is also there.
10. In how many ways I can distinguish employees?
Answer: There are six types of classification in which you can
distinguish your employees:
Scale (Pay Grade)
- This is the maximum criteria to classify employees that we have provided.
11. Can I maintain a typical kind of Leave structure?
Answer: Yes, As per the requirement of the organization, a number of employee available leave structures can be maintained on month and annual basis. The following structures are few of its examples:
- Earned Leave
- Casual Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Maternity Leave
- Paternity Leave
- Personal leave of absence
- Sick Leave
- Medical Leave
- Compensatory Off
12. Is there any Tax computation facility in it?
Yes, Automatic Tax computation facility is given within this software.
13. What is the miscellaneous information facility?
This facility helps you to get the miscellaneous information like PIN codes, Bank BSR and Nodal banks Codes, MICR codes, IFSC codes ,TIN facilitation centers, STD Codes, ISD Codes, Distance Search, PAN/TAN-AO codes, Service Tax ranges, Valid PAN/TAN etc.
14. Is there any option to generate TDS Challan and filing the TDS quarterly report?
Yes, The option to generate TDS Challan and filing the TDS quarterly report is available on single click by this software.
15. Is there any E-mail or Export facility for Pay slips?
Yes, the pay slips will be mailed to all or selected employee's e-mail addresses saved in Master Details with user-defined message, subject and in Excel, Word, PDF and HTML Format.
16. What about the loan setup and, can user maintain the loan accounts?
Answer: Setups can be crafted for desired Loan structure e.g.
Soft Loan (usually of small amount): without Interest
Loan with Interest: It automatically deducts EMI from
monthly salary, etc.
17. Can I file ESI online and what about its various forms?
Answer: Yes, ESIC Challan can be filed online along with uploading the return. Further, we have also added following routine compliances:
- Monthly Forms ==>> Monthly ESI, ESI Challan
- Half-Yearly Forms ==>> Form-5, 6, 7, 37, 53, 86, etc.
- On-line Form-1 (Declaration Form) Submission
18. Is there any Automatic Transfer facility of Master Data of Employees to Next Financial year?
Yes, Master Data of Employees, Salary Detail, Salary setup, Leave Setup to Next Financial Year with or without resigned employees can be transferred automatically.
19. What if reverse salary calculation required?
Yes, we do have an option in “Utility” to calculate Reverse salary as many times
this is also required.
20. How can we file PF online through this software?
First you need to enter 15 digits "Code no. allotted by EPF" department as a combination of Region code (2), Office Code (3), Establishment Code (7) and Extension Number (3) digits and then you can generate the ECR file i.e. (.txt) file which is finally going to upload on PF website.
21. What is ESI Number?
ESI number is a unique number allotted by the ESIC department to all the applicants for registration.
22. What is the ESI Local office?
It is the office of ESIC under which, the jurisdiction of your office is falling.
23. What is PTO Circle No.?
On registering your firm with the professional tax department, the Professional Tax Officer's Circle no. gets allotted to you under whose jurisdiction your PTO is being handled.
24. How many types are there for Leaves set up??
Answer: One can create his Leaves set-up as:
Calendar year wise
Financial year wise
25. Is there any facility for State-wise Professional Tax?
Yes, State-Wise Professional Tax Forms are there, with its monthly, quarterly and annual returns requirements.
26. To what types of Employers this Software could be helpful?
- Statutory Body (State Govt. /Central Govt.)
- Autonomous Body (State Govt. /Central Govt.)
- Local Authority (State Govt./Central Govt.)
- Company (as per Companies act, 1956)
- Branch / Division
- Associate of Person (AOP/Trust)
- Body of Individual
- Individual / HUF
27. How can I add Voluntary Provident Fund (VPF) Contribution?
User will need to add a Head of salary as 'VPF' given by default in the software in 'Master Details' > 'Salary Setup' option. Command it for manual or auto calculation and this will include the amount of VPF in ECR Challan automatically.
28. How can I deduct ‘Advance Salary’ taken by the employee?
If you have entered 'Advance Payment' in 'Salary' option then for its deduction you need to select 'Advance' as Head for Salary in ‘Master Details’ > ‘Salary Setup’ for its deduction, this deduction can be made on Random or monthly basis. (Advance Type can also be created by going to ‘Master Details'>'Salary Heads' and add the new field as under the Advance category.)
29. How can I deduct Loan Installments if taken by an employee?
Entering 'Employee Loan details' in 'Salary' option will create a Head for its deduction automatically, but eventually, it must be added with deductions in 'Master Details' > 'Salary Setup' option.
30. What if I have to Import Bulk Details instead of entering one by one?
Answer: We have integrated following details which can be imported on a bulk basis in one go:
Salary Sheet (Manual Inputs)
HRA (House Rent allowance)
Monthly Leave consumed
31. What is PAO Code?
PAO means “Pay and Accounts Office” Code. Usually, this term is used in Government departments from where Office payroll (or) salary gets prepared. Pay and Accounts Office under Central and State Government or similar offices under the Government of India / State Government / Union Territories / Autonomous bodies are responsible for maintaining the contribution details for subscribers covered under the New Pension Scheme. The DDOs functioning as CDDOs will also be considered as PAO in CRA system.
32. What is DDO Code?
- DDO means "Drawing and Disbursing Officer" code and, it is the authority from where the salary gets disbursed. Drawing and Disbursing officer belong to Central and State Governments or similar offices under the Government of India/State Governments/Union
- Territories/Autonomous bodies responsible for the collection and forwarding of Subscriber details like registration, maintenance, contribution etc.
33. What is CTC stands for?
'CTC' stands for "Cost to Company" which includes any amount payable by a company as salary, allowances, perquisites, incentives, yearly benefits such as Bonus & ESI; retirement benefits such as Provident Fund (PF), Gratuity, Superannuation, Pension, etc. collectively in a year to an employee.
34. What are Reimbursements?
Answer: Reimbursements include
- Moving & Relocation
- Personal reimbursements
- Petty Cash
- Revenue funds
- Travel & Food expenses reimbursements
- Telephone bill reimbursements,
- Leave balances
- LTA, etc.
- The reimbursement is paid only for actual events and bills/invoices shown for the claim. The employee has to pay the amount first at their end, which will get reimbursed by the employer later. The reimbursements provided for employees may vary as per the company policies.
35. What are the statutory and basic deductions from Salary?
- PF (Provident Fund contribution),
- ESI (Employee State Insurance contribution),
- Professional Tax (depending upon state),
- TDS (Tax deducted at source),
- LWF (Labour Welfare Fund),
- The Loan deduction (if any; taken against Salary, PF, etc.)
36. What is Gratuity?
Answer: Gratuity is a gratuitous amount which is given to an employee who has delivered long and wise services to the employer for 5 years or more
- Generally, the employees getting retired or leaving the job after this time period receive gratuity. In 1972, the law arrived, which says that paying gratuity would be compulsory for all employers having staff of more than 10 employees.
- Trainees and interns are not eligible for this compensation.
- The gratuity shall be payable to an employee on the termination of his employment after rendering continuous service at least five years.
- On his superannuation
- On his retirement or resignation.
- On his death or disablement due to accident or disease.
37. How is Gratuity calculated for the purpose of the exemption under the Income Tax act?
Answer: Condition: (i) the amount received under the Applicability
of Payment of Gratuity Act, exemption will be up to the extent of following:
- Amount of Rs. 10,00,000/-
- [Last drawn salary * 15/26 * No. of year of service] (Here, Last drawn salary is for every completed year of service (OR) part of the year in excess of six months will be treated as a complete year i.e. 11 years 7 months will be counted as 12 years)
- The actual amount received as Gratuity.
- The exemption will be: Which ever is lower among the above three amount.
- Note: Salary for condition (i) purpose means (Basic salary plus dearness allowance).
Condition: (ii) If Payment of Gratuity Act is not applicable; exemption will be up to the extent of following:
- Amount of Rs. 10,00,000/-
- [Last drawn salary * 1/2 * No. of year of service] (Here, Last drawn salary is for every completed year of service (or) part of the year in excess of six months will not be treated as a complete year i.e. 11 years 10 months and 25 days will be counted as 11 years).
- The actual amount received as Gratuity.
- Note: Salary for condition (ii) purpose means (Basic salary plus dearness allowance plus Commission on sales on Turnover basis).
- The exemption will be: Which ever is lower among the above three amount.
Condition: (iii) Gratuity for government employees is fully exempt.
38. What is the TAN number?
TAN or Tax Deduction account Number (TAN) is an Income Tax department generated unique 10 digit alphanumeric code for those people who are supposed to file tax deducted at source of income. It is mandatory to quote TAN on all TDS (Tax Deduction at Source) returns (including e-TDS return) or any TDS payment Challan.
39. What is Professional Tax (PT)?
- In India, Professional Tax is collected at the state level tax with each state having its distinct slab of rates from other. PT is collected on professional services rendered and a fee/remuneration received against those services, trades, and callings or holds an appointment public or private or is employed in any manner in the state for the benefit of the state.
- On the basis of earnings, every employee has to pay professional tax. The tax deducted from the salary is transferred to state government account every month by the employer in a specified form.
- In our "Gen-Payroll" software PT is applicable automatically depending upon the state you have selected under 'Master Details' > 'Employee Details' > 'Other details' > 'PT Group'. The slab of rates also has an auto input option, just need to enable it once.
40. Can I see Tax Computation for more than one employee simultaneously?
Answer: Yes, you can generate computation in excel for more than one employee.
41. Can I integrate payroll software with Biomatric machine?
Answer: Yes, it is possible to import Daily attendance directly from Biometric machine.
42. Can we generate the PF KYC text file?
Answer: Yes, there is an option to generate and upload PF KYC Text file.
43. Is there any option for Bulk PAN Verification for employees?
Answer: Yes, by entering Traces Login ID and Password, you can verify the PAN.
44. How can I update PF UAN Number in bulk?
Answer: First, you have to download UAN Number Text file from PF website and then through Employee Master Details you can import that.
45. Can we show employees and generate the reports according to their categorization?
Answer: Yes, on all places there is an option to show employees and generate reports according to their categorization.
46. Can I send Bulk SMS to employees?
Answer: Yes, with our SMS Facility you can send SMS to Employees.
47. Is there any facility to reserve the documents received from employees and generate reports of that?
Answer: Yes, with our Document Manager you can save the scan document received from employees and by report section, we can generate the report of the documents submitted by an employee.
48. Can we change the Employee code which we have once allotted?
Answer: Yes, by utility option you can change the single as well as multiple employee codes.
49. How can I update individual Employee’s Photo? And also, can we import photos in bulk?
Answer: By going on Individual employee master details you can upload the photo. In Utility, the bulk photo import can be used to import in bulk, but the file name should be same as employees' code.
50. Is there any option that can hold the salary for particular employees?
Answer: Yes, in salary with the Stop Payment option you can hold salary and a reason can also be mentioned for that.
51. How to Edit Employees’ previous employer Details?
Answer: In the TDS – Salary Certificate, there is an option to feed previous employer details and salary details.
52. Can we send Investment Declaration form through E-Mail?
Answer: Yes, you can send it to all the employees as an investment declaration form through e-mail.
53. Can I Generate ITR-1 or ITR-2 from software?
Answer: Yes, you can generate ITR-1 or ITR-2 in PDF Format.
54. Is there any option to calculate employee bonus automatically?
Answer: Yes, with Bonus set up you can define the bonus percentage and period and bonus payable month. Then software will calculate bonus for all employees.
55. Can we generate and send Form 16 to employee?
Answer: Yes, through TDS option you can generate Form 16 for all employees and can be sent in bulk to employees through their e-mail ID.
56. Is there any pre-defined salary set-up in software?
Answer: Yes, there is pre-defined small salary setup is available by default. And can be customized according to your requirement.
57. Can we apply one company salary setup to another company on a single click?
Answer: Yes, for this purpose you can export the salary setup from one company and import it in another company.
58. Is it possible to import employee details from one company to another company in software?
Answer: Yes, by using utility-Import Employee Details option, we can import the employees from another company. So we need not to create same employee again and again.
59. Can we calculate overtime automatically?
Answer: Yes, First we have to add Overtime in salary setup and then the software will calculate the overtime amount while updating overtime hours.
60. Can we print Cheque through software?
Answer: Yes, by our Cheque Printing utility you can do so.
61. Can we change the month Period?
Answer: Yes, according to your requirement you can change the month days and From-To Dates.
62. Can we update the Bank Details For all Employees?
Answer: Yes, using Import/Export bank details in master details can update bank details for all employees.
63. Is there any option to calculate Arrear Amount Automatically?
Answer: Yes, first you have to add Arrear Head in salary setup and then after entering percentage, the arrear amount will be generated automatically.
64. Can we calculate Monthly TDS of employees?
Answer: Yes, by utility options we can calculate the employees monthly TDS Amount.
65. Is there any option to protect the already feeded salary data?
Answer: Yes, with the Lock Month option you can protect the data till month.
66. How to identify resigned employees in software?
Answer: The software will show resigned employees in RED colour.